Casting Notice for Boston Metaphysical Society: The Ghost Shipon March 2, 2021 at 10:45 pm
Casting Notice for Boston Metaphysical Society: The Ghost Ship
We are currently casting the three leads and the narrator.
Supporting character auditions will be posted at a later date.
This is a non-union paid project.
The Ghost Ship is a steampunk supernatural eight-episode story based in the Boston Metaphysical Society universe. If you’re not familiar with it, it is a graphic novel and prose series written and created by Madeleine Holly-Rosing (https://www.bostonmetaphysicalsociety.com). Audio drama veterans Eddie Louise (Sage and Savant) is on board as the script editor as well as Chip Michael (Sage and Savant) as the sound engineer.
The overall series follows an ex-Pinkerton detective, a spirit photographer, and a genius scientist who battle supernatural forces in late 1800s Boston.
The audio drama is about the investigation of a ghost ship that sails into Boston Harbor. Its appearance leads to the death of several innocents and the team of Samuel Hunter, Caitlin O’Sullivan, and Granville T. Woods must solve the mystery before anyone else dies.
- This is a call for an eight-episode drama.
- Project is Non-Union. Lead actors will be compensated $60 Per episode. Supporting actors will be paid $25-$40 per episode. Narrator will be paid $25 per episode.
- Recording will be done remotely.
- Actors must have their own set-up and be willing to schedule recording time with the cast, director, and sound engineer on Zencaster.
- You must be 18 years old or older to audition.
- Please record with whatever setup you will use while performing. Do not perform any edits other than before and after sound removal.
- Please record no more than three takes.
- Please save your files as a .wav or .aif. Name your files “CharacterName _ Your Name.”
- Please submit a separate file for each character.
- You can audition for as many characters as you like.
- Please send auditions and questions to: email@example.com
- Auditions are due by Midnight PST on Saturday, March 13th.
- Auditions are open for any of the characters listed below. Please audition for any role you are comfortable playing. Marginalized actors, especially BIPOC and trans actors, are highly encouraged to apply.
- For first round casting we will be identifying the actors we like for each of the three lead roles. We will then send second round scripts with scenes to play in order to find the VAs that sound best and work best off of each other.
CURRENT CHARACTER AUDITIONS:
SAMUEL HUNTER (35) Click here for sides.
CAITLIN O’SULLIVAN (20) Irish accent. You must be able to carry a tune as a small bit of singing is required. Click here for sides.
GRANVILLE T. WOODS (40s) African American actor. Click here for sides.
NARRATOR: Female (40s+) Click here for sides.
All actors must be willing to give permission to use their likeness and a brief bio for our crowdfunding campaign.